Monday 28 October 2013

Clever Dog....

28 Oct 2013 – For the first time in the 12 years that Digger has been alive, he slept in my bedroom in his bed.  Scandalous, I know.  Dogs aren’t supposed to sleep in the master’s bedroom – he is a dog, (not a human???!!!) after all – but last night, wild and crazy weather predictions were forecast for southeastern England (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24690552) and I was worried that he would bark all night will all the racket going on outside. I am nothing else, if not practical, and I didn’t want to be climbing up and down the stairs all night telling my dog to stop barking.  Digger was delighted to be sleeping in my bedroom. What a treat!   The beta member (I, being the Alpha), +Georgia Allen often allows him to sleep in her room when she house/dog sits when I’m away. 

But lo and behold, the weather where I live wasn’t that bad at all, except there was a tree downed on the Nickey Line (http://www.nickeyline.org/) and it blocked out path this morning at 7:00 am.  This is a photo of the tree across the path with Digger and Jasmine (his Jack Russell friend) and Linda (my human friend of 12 years).                                                                                  

 
Linda and I have been walking together since Digger was born.  I guess you can say that Digger brought Linda and me together and we've been friends ever since.   She used to live down the street from me and, at 6:45 am before work, she used to walk her dog D’fer (as in ‘d’ for dog’. Bless him.  He’s now in heaven with my mom, whom he loved. He wasn't really keen on humans but he was sweet on her!). We often passed each other on the Nickey Line and in the winter when the mornings got darker and darker, we’d comment on how it was really spooky to be on ‘The Line’ and one day surely we would meet our demise via an axe murderer or some such nonsense.  Don’t get me wrong. The Nickey Line is wonderful and there have never been any axe murders on it in known history; it’s just that our imagination often got the best of us and we’d scare ourselves silly.  One day it dawned on us to walk together.  It was a match made in heaven!  I think I see Linda then more than I saw my own husband.  She’s a great friend and I love her loads. 


So you see, a dog can bring people together. Naturally, easily, effortlessly.  Without really trying. If you let him……clever Digs.  Wish I were that clever. 

1 comment:

  1. Que bien que tu loco perro que no para de ladrar, eso es muy cierto, te haya llevado a conocer una amiga de camitas diaria.
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete