Tuesday 12 November 2013

Rockin' with Mick Jagger

12 Nov 2013

I really missed Digger yesterday.  I’m sure he’s in good hands with Joel, who is house/dog sitting for us this week, but Digs would have loved a walk in Central Park yesterday.  The weather was chilly but clear and sunny and I was with my friend, Brenda. 

Brenda is the CEO of NYC Navigator (http://nycnavigator.com/), the international relocation firm that helped us with our move to New York. She’s kind and generous and fun-loving and I knew when I first met her that we would be great friends.  If you ever relocate to the USA, call Brenda and she’ll do you proud!  Yesterday, I went for walk with her in the park and she brought along Mick Jagger!  I met Mick yesterday and let me say that he is such a cutie pie, much cuter than his human name sake (no offence, human Mick!!!)  Brenda’s Mick is a cavalier king charles spaniel, just 12 weeks old and desperate to explore this wonderful planet on which we live.  

I had forgotten how ‘full of beans’ (as Brenda says) a new puppy is. Digger, being 12 years old, is still quite feisty for his age, but he is slowing down and tends to stick to the path and not wander off so much anymore. That beaten path is comfortable for him and besides, it’s probably becoming more difficult for him to see.  But Mick – well, it was a good thing he was on a lead in Central Park yesterday. With his sense of adventure and wonder for this new world, not to mention a very keen nose for new smells, Mick would have taken off down the pavement (sidewalk, for you Americans) after some squirrel or dog or scent or leaf blowing in the wind!  His enthusiasm for life is infectious and loads of people commented on how cute and sweet and lovely he is.  Indeed, being around the fun-loving Mick made me feel happy!

For Mick, life is for the living.  He’s like a Star Fleet recruit, on a mission with the Star Ship Enterprise – to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no dog has gone before.  Nor is he a respecter of persons. He doesn’t care if you’re black or white; pretty or ugly; rich or poor; living in a mansion or on the streets; all perfumed up or in need of a stick of deodorant.  He couldn’t care less if you are educated or never finished high school. What he cares about is playing, licking faces, being petted, loved-on and pleasing his loving Brenda.  As long as you’re loving and kind to him, he’ll stick around to love you.

Thank you, Mick, for reminding me to live life because life is for the living!

Brenda and Mick in Central Park

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one missing Digs! (I think Georgia maybe does too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless. Give that Georgia a big hug from me, please!

      Delete