Saturday 18 January 2014

Plus there are always dogs....


18 January 2014
 
My friend, Patti, posted, on her Facebook page, the following picture:
 

 

There have been a lot of bad days around here lately.  Take the weather, for instance.  Linda, Susanne and I are fed up with walking through the mud and the incessant rain.  If we’re told this summer that there will be a hose pipe ban due to drought conditions, I believe that the whole of the United Kingdom will take up in arms. Mind you, Digger, Dougy, Jimmy and Jasmine are loving it.  Running across the fields of Rothampstead Manor, through the puddles (small lakes??) and trekking through the woods is akin to going to Disneyland for children.  They are in their element.  Dogs have a way of making the most/best of each day and every situation, whatever the weather, whoever the human. Also, we three ladies are forever complaining about the darkness of the hour (usually a 7:00 am kick off for the dog walk) in the winter.  I’m surprised we are not all crippled with seasonal affective disorder, a truly wicked disorder to have.   Also, it is truly miraculous, after all these years of walking dogs together, that we still like each other.  Think about it. We do not see each other at our best.  We wake up early (in the pitch black, most of the year), trek out in our wellies, scarves, gloves and hats (most of the year), pick up dog poo off the football pitches and hose down and dry filthy muddy hounds day in and day out. Moreover, we do all this with very little caffeine in our systems.  Why am I still friends with these ladies?  ‘Cause they are good folk.  Kind people. As Susanne would say 'Geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid.' We share each other’s joy, sorrow, pain, complaints, victories, defeats, struggles and strides. Despite all the bad days I’ve had and all the mean people that have hurt me, when I walk with these kind ladies, my day doesn’t seem so bad after all.  The Lord has provided me with such amazing friends, wouldn’t you say?
 

Thank you, Pattie, my dear kind friend, for reminding me that there are good days and kind folks and faithful companions. 
 

I would like to thank my niece, Ruth, for sending in a photo of her babies, Frank and Finely and their friend, Lily.  What a trio!!! 
 
 

 

 

No comments: